Sunday 4 December 2011

Mirror on the wall, here we are again. Through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend.

I'm currently researching for my A2 drama piece, it's stimulus is PostSecret. Something that you probably already know I love. It's been a harrowing evening going through and researching, finding out, and judging people via their secrets. Okay, maybe judging isn't the right word, well, commenting and empathising about them.

The style of our piece is creative adaptation, meaning that we can take for example, a PostSecret and develop, adapt and create a story about the person/secret, and the meaning and emotion behind it. I'm enjoying it, a lot, it's just - mmmm, difficult as there is no limit on what you can do, sometimes leading us to have billion pound worth ideas haha. I couldn't think of any other people I'd rather be doing this with, my group is just fantastic!

Whilst I've been traipsing the internet and viewing countless amounts of secrets, I feel, almost, rude. These people have opened up, bared their personal, intimate, secret and here I am, looking at them. They're so beautiful - all of them, and it makes you think, everyone has a secret, EVERYONE and to me, it's really reassuring. Everyone has something heartbreaking that's happened to them, yet we're all so quick to judge and hurt one another. Hmmmm. Well, that's life I suppose.

If anyone has used creative adaptation or has any ideas, please let me know. I'd love to hear how other people used the style and what they did with it.

The children most broken by the world become the adults most likely to change it.
Frank Warren 


Two Christmas presents down... Too many to go. Hoping the next three weeks go VERY slowly. I definitely need to invest in a winter coat too, and wearing more clothes. Hehe.

Have a good one.

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment