Saturday 16 July 2011

I want women to cry and pour out their heart for me and tell me how much they hate it when they apart from me.

Aubrey Drake Graham. It's been five years since this man has graced us - rap loving, r'n'b obsessives and soul singing fanatics with his unique yet familiar style of music.


Drake's first mix tape was created in 2006, Room For Improvement, in his bedroom. Which was available through his official website and myspace. He went on to create another in 2007 called Comeback Season. His third became an official mix tape which went on sale in 2009 called So Far Gone. 


So, the reason why I am dedicating my blog post to him. Well, quite honestly, because I love him. (I know you do too I.S)


He grew up in Toronto, US with his mother. His parents divorced when he was at the tender age of five, which he said effected him deeply, “I had to become a man very quickly and be the backbone for a woman who I love with all my heart, my mother." 
In result of this so many of his songs touch on his parents divorce and how he feels, or has felt about it. In songs such as - Fireworks, Give Ya etc. 


Growing up Aubrey wasn't only interested in music or poetry, he also loved to act. Landing a big break in the television series Degrassi: The Next Generation where he played Jimmy Brooks. His role then ended when Jimmy graduated in 2009, this is when Aubrey began to take music much more seriously, and when he realised it was what he wanted to pursue a career in. 


He was then signed to Young Money Entertainment at the young age of 22. His first album Thank Me Later came out in the summer of 2010 and reached number one on the billboard 200. The album since then has now gone platinum. 


I don't think there is one single song in his album that I don't like. Or in actual fact that I don't know the words to. His songs manage to fit my mood and somehow seem to sum up my feelings, or my past feelings. 


It's not just his music, his whole demeanor in interviews is so down to earth and grounded. He is honest with himself and with his fans, which is highlighted throughout his songs. 


I cannot wait for his new album to come out in October! Woo. The count-down begins. 


I shall leave you with a few of my favourite Drake quotes...
1. “Live without pretending, love without depending, listen without defending, speak without offending.”
2. “It’s impossible for you to lose me…because you never had me.”
3. “Good weed, white wine, I come alive in the night time…”
4. “A woman hands me a blank notepad and says read my book it’s called Everything Men Know About Women
5. “I need you to rescue me from my destiny. I’m tryna live right and give you whatever’s left of me.”
6. “And you ain’t even gotta ask twice. You can have my heart or we can share it like the last slice.”
7. I say “fuck that nigga that you think you found. And since you picked up I know he’s not around”
8. "If he’s dumb enough to walk away, be smart enough to let him go."

So now my rant about Drake is over. I hope you enjoyed it, haha. 

Hope you have a good one. 

B x

ONLY 34 DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment