Thursday 11 August 2011

Above we all become what we once hated.


Back from holiday. Definitely feeling the holiday blues at the moment... I haven't tanned as much as I anticipated. Which isn't helping my holiday blues, but I've got lots of things to look forward to. 


I'm off to a wedding on Saturday, which is kind of a bittersweet thing. As nearly everyone knows I don't really believe in marriage, I think it's over-rated big time. I know the majority of people disagree but everyone to their own I suppose. However, I do love going to weddings, seeing people looking amazing in their dresses and just how happy everyone is. 


Then off to a BBQ full of wonderful friends, with my date, Mr S. Looking forward to seeing everyone - it's strange when you go on holiday it gives you time to reflect and think about things. Relationships, friendships, past events, the future. 


The future was spoken about a lot this summer, universities, extending the family (my older sister speaking about being pregnant this time next year. Meaning i'll be an AUNTY!), moving house, birthdays... The list goes on. Most of the exciting and of which I'm looking forward to. However, a lot of it bittersweet leaving stuff behind. 


VFEST in just over ONE WEEK, I'm so psyched. With my best friends and all the most amazing bands, not to mention the awesome festival attire. Eeeeeep. Need to actually buy my tent though... Hmmm. 


Like I said, Amy Winehouse's - Frank/Back To Black and Drake's - Thank Me Later have been the soundtrack to my summer this year. But I've also fallen in love with SBTRKT I've added them to my hypster have a listen. They're on my soundtrack at work, love. 


Well, I hope none of you are caught up in the London, Birmingham etc. riots! Appalling. It's rectifying to see communities coming together to clear up the mess and chaos caused by the rioters. I leave the country for 10days and it goes into melt down! 


I'll keep you updated on the week's events. 


Have a good one. 


B x

No comments:

Post a Comment