Thursday 25 August 2011

Why do you, you wanna break my heart, into pieces on the floor?

I'm back, from an amazing few days away. We all went away to Babington House ((http://www.babingtonhouse.co.uk)) for a few days as a part of my sister's SURPRISE engagement! Babington House is her favourite place in the world, so we all decided to plan a little get away for a few nights. It was fantastic, if you've never been I cannot recommend it enough to go, feels like you're staying with a rich friend, not in a hotel. 


So, her boyfriend popped the question and she said YES! Happy days for us all... Kinda scary she said, but so exciting. 


Was exactly what I needed. A break away with the people I love the most in the world, my family. Was so nice that there was also no signal, so no one could contact us. Kinda wish to an extent that everyone wasn't so available all the time. 


Don't you hate it when you argue, disagree, upset, disappoint someone you love. Hurts even more when they do it to you. When someone knows you so well, or claims to know you well and then you have an argument and they say such horrible, degrading, harsh, low things. I know, I know everyone says things they don't mean in an argument. But that doesn't always make it okay, or make you feel any better. I'm not usually one to get upset, or to cry. But when someone you love, and who knows you, who you're vulnerable to says such wounding things - it makes you think and makes you doubt yourself,  makes you feel terrible about yourself, in all honesty made me feel cheap. Something that I'm not. And the thing is, no matter how many times people try to make you feel better and say the right thing, it doesn't necessarily go away, it's always in the back of your mind. Niggling away.


But enough of that... Lots of things to look forward to this week and next, London shopping tomorrow, seeing everyone at work, Nottinghill Carnival, potentially Yorkshire with my friends, few friends' 18ths, Drake's new album, the list goes on... 


VFEST - was incredible as usual. An amazing weekend, with banging company, and fantastic acts. Well most of them, I must say I was gutted Eminem and Rihanna mimed a lot of their songs. Nevertheless, the atmosphere was incredible and of course, we made lots of FESTIVAL FRIENDS! Can't wait for next year. Yiippeeeeeee. I've added one of my favourite acts of the weekend and the best song to my hypster - Pieces, Chase&Status ft. Plan B... Lyrics are so good. So good. 


Hope everyone who's going to Reading has a sweet time and it doesn't rain too much. Although it's almost more fun when it rains at a festival. 


Right, off for some peanut butter on toast, with a cuppa. 


Have a good one. 


B x


Am I changing right before your eyes? 
Becoming someone you don't recognize? - J.Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment