Sunday 28 August 2011

I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door.

Past - "gone by in time and now no longer in existence" 

That is the definition of it in the apple mac dictionary. And it is wrong. 

Just because it's the past, does not mean that it's no longer in existence. The past will never fully disappear or be erased. It effects our future, consciously and sub-consciously, and yes, sometimes that's a good thing, and yes, sometimes that's a bad thing. It's up to us which one of those it is. Hard I know, but in the end it's up to us whether our circumstances effect our later actions. The reason I'm discussing the past is because, I'm so excited for the future! 

We had a family lunch, discussing the exciting plans of the future (some of which I listed a few posts ago which we spoke about on holiday!) - I can't wait. But talking about the past and things would be different also brought a few tears.


It makes me think. Why do we all constantly torture ourselves about the past? We replay it, think what could of done different, get angry with ourselves for not saying/doing something, FaceBook stalk them and then FaceBook their new girlfriend, relive good memories with people who now no longer give a shit, re-read texts, think about all the good things together, etc. When you miss someone so much you forget all the shit they put you through all the upset and hurt, we just remember the good things, the good memories, a bittersweet thing. 
Sometimes it's a curse, what am I saying, A LOT of the time that's a curse. It makes you create a false image of them. But then, it makes you realize that you'll not let, or will try to not let someone else treat you like they did. Ah the past is a vicious, stupid, foolish, mind-game. Blah to it... And the thing is, you can put this all on hold until, you see them again. I thought that my emotions were under control, but it only takes a moment of being vulnerable or off of your guard before BAM. The shit goes down. Every. Single. Memory. Comes. Flooding. Back. And you know what, it hurts, the same as it did before. 


I don't think talking about it makes it any better really, just something you have to learn to put on hold or in a box somewhere. 


Anyway, on a happier note - Nottinghill Carnival tomorrow! Yippeeeee. Am looking forward to next week actually, lots planned. As I said I hadn't seen as many people as I wanted I have now changed that all. 


Hope you all have a good bank-holiday weekend. 


B x


One's past is what one is. 
It is the only way by which people should be judged.
Oscar Wilde 

No comments:

Post a Comment