Thursday 18 August 2011

... And your mind is my new best friend.

Well, D-day approached us all too soon yet too late. I hate the fact that I sat those exams over  three months ago and the fact that they kinda, sort of, not really, ruined the end of my summer. So, what did I get? Well, I wasn't overly enthralled with my final grades. I expected a lot more from myself, I did, hand on heart, work for them. But then again, that doesn't always mean good grades or justice at the end. Hmmm. But there is nothing I can do now, re-taking will be coming my way and maybe, hopefully, this is a wake up call. No pissing about next year, to get to where I want, I need to seriously work... Right? Why oh why, couldn't my parents have been geniuses and graced me with high intellect? ARGH. 


Then again, exams aren't the end of the world. I know right now it feel like it, but honestly, in the long run, so many other qualities and attributes mean so much more then a certificate saying you got an A grade in Maths... Hmmm, or am I just saying this to make myself feel better about my disappointment, or do I mean it?... 


Well, VFEST is now here. The longly awaited highlight of my summer is here. I cannot wait. My dip dyed hair, humongeous suitcase, wellington boots, bottles of water, raincoat, chillbee, umbrella, etc. Is all at the ready! WOOP. Nothing is going to ruin this weekend... 


I'm done with people. So done. People are so self-centered sometimes, and don't realise how lucky they are to have friends/family that actually give a sh*t. Makes me so angry, so next year - my focus will be my studies not to make other people happy, or put myself out as much. It's so sad it's come to this, come to me feeling this way towards others. But, now and then you need to be selfish. And to wake up and smell the coffee. In a way I don't want this feeling I have to change, the "I don't care" attitude. That's it then. I'm so done. 


Anyway, wish for minimal rain this weekend please! Hope you all have a good one. Hope results went well. 


Have a good one.


B x 

No comments:

Post a Comment